Friday, September 24, 2010

September 2010: Part II


As I stated in my previous post, September this year has been a very busy one. Labor Day weekend I was visited by little sister Liz, the following weekend Josh and I traveled to Rocklin to visit my family, and last weekend, we traveled to Venice Beach to spend Yom Kippur with Josh's mom and boyfriend who were out from the East Coast.

It was such a wonderful visit from Liz. Probably the best one I've had. She came by herself and I over my time off work so we were able to spend a lot of quality time. We went to the beach, ate Chipotle (our fave!) and went on a nice hike. It was especially great for her to be able to meet Josh and spend time to get to know him. Josh was also glad to meet her and liked having her around (he said it was like having more of me around :D, he's the best)



So the following weekend, Josh and I decided to take a trip to Rocklin to visit my family and celebrate my mom's birthday. I think meeting Liz made him curious to get to know the rest of the Davis'. Josh had also never been to Sacramento so I took him on a tour of downtown and Old Town.
We had a really fun time with the fam playing cards and badminton.

Our final trip of the month was for the Jewish holiday Yom Kippur. We stayed in a great little house in Venice with Joshs mom and her boyfriend. It was a great weekend of celebrating the holiday, relaxing, and getting to know eachother better.

As September comes to a close I happy to be home for a while but am extra grateful for the wonderful memories I have from this family filled month.

Josh and I are so lucky to have wonderful families who we love and cherish, if only we got to see them more!

No comments:

Post a Comment