Saturday, February 25, 2012

14 Days of Valentines

I have always loved Valentines Day.  Growing up, my Dad would play the Valentine phantom and for the week leading up to the holiday we would receive little surprises, like conversation hearts or bubble bath. I imagine I was being groomed to start my own V Day tradition way back then.

So this year I decided I was going to surprise Josh with 14 days of Valentine's. Starting on the first of February,  I placed a card with some kind of gift somewhere for him to find. Not all of them were tangible gifts, some were coupon-like, to be redeemed at his request ie a night off walking Bianca. It was just as fun for me to come up with ways to surprise as it was for Josh to find them.

What I didn't foresee happening was the giving bug rubbing off! As Valentines Day drew closer Josh also got into the spirit and started to surprise me! One day I received chocolate covered strawberries and champagne. It was such a wonderful, expected side effect from giving!

This was by far the best Valentine's Day I have ever experienced! It was another reminder that I am so fortunate to be with such a wonderful man!

No comments:

Post a Comment