Friday, June 10, 2011

Sometimes I get crafty


Tada! This is our lovely new, over the kitchen sink, window mirror. (Because I have yet to master posting pictures with my blog, I start with the finished product.)

Josh and I had decided that a mirror over the kitchen sink would be a nice addition to our space. Originally we were looking for a sectioned window (4 or 6 panes) but when I was home last weekend I came across this gem in the backyard and thought it would be perfect!
It only took a little bit of TLC. I had to have the original glass removed and replaced with a mirror. The people at Aggson's Glass in San Luis did it in two days! (I also didn't snap a photo pre-mirror, oops) I picked a color based on a little trinket from Mexico we have set on our counter and I after a little sanding and rust removal...
In the beginning there was this old window we had turned into a mirror, but it needed a little work.

So, every once in a great while, I get crafty.

1 comment: