Wednesday, May 4, 2011

One Wonderful Year




In April, Josh and I celebrated our first year together.

We met for the first time on April 4th, 2010 (Easter Sunday 2010) when he was walking down his street (Solano) which also happened to be my second home. H
e had just moved back onto the street after a three year hiatus to Grover Beach. I had become great friends with Tina and Audrie who also lived on Solano and spent 90% of my free time hanging out there.

Josh was throwing frisbee with his neighbor Lyn as they strolled by and I quietly(loudly) asked who the guy with Lyn was and why I didn't know him?! (What guy wouldn't be intrigued after a loud blond chick called out to him on the street?)

He and Lyn came up to my friends to hang out for a minute. After the standard introduction chit chat I made it very clear that he could find me there a
nytime, and if not there the Cliffs.

Other than an accidental run-in, I did not see or hear from Josh for two and a half weeks. (I think I intimidated him)
So, two and halfweeks later, a big group of us planned a trip to sushi and my friend Ben suggested he call and invite Josh. I was more than on board with that plan. Within ten minutes of that phone call Josh was at the apartments ready for dinner.*

There were two moments at dinner that I believe had it in the bag for me and Josh.

1. When I dropped one of my sushi rolls into a dish of Siracha hot sauce and Josh challenged me to eat the whole thing, offering to buy for my dinner if I could handle it, and I did.
and,
2. When I introduced Josh to our friend Alex as "our Jewish friend" and Josh said "so am I!"

I'm pretty sure we've been in love ever since.

Over the course of our first year we traveled to Mexico, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Rocklin, San Diego, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara, and Florida (I may be leaving some places out) we met each others families, celebrated lots of holidays, said goodbye to our beloved friend Scout, and have welcomed Josh's nephew Franklin.


I have come to love Josh more than I knew I was capable of loving another person. We have waited each other for a long time and I hope to spend the rest of our years together.

Thank you for such a wonderful year Josh. You are the best!

*Josh had already eaten sushi for two nights in a row before this, but he just wanted to see me so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment