Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ms. Davis Goes to Washington
















I just returned home from my first trip to East Coast. I traveled with my boyfriend Josh (the Monster) to attend his oldest sister Jaime's wedding in the Poconos. The trip was a huge success.





1. I got to see a whole lotta places I never had.

2. I increased the number of States I've been in by four (and a district)

3. The weather was beautiful!

4. There were no mishaps with the airlines, accomodations, people or events (minus my falling down some stairs) and
5. The Monster and I still really like eachother (even with 20 hours of traveling and my tendency to have meltdowns, no meltdowns)

There really were so many highlights to my trip but the one I mention here is our day trip after the wedding to see some sites in Washington DC. I must say I am glad I live in a place without traffic.
My favorites memorials were the FDR memorial (which has been recently completed) and the Lincoln memorial, who doesn't love Abe Lincoln? I think I would have liked to be his friend! I must say the White House is a bit anticlimatic. It is not nearly as expansive as shots on TV make it out to be and it is literally in the middle of a huge city, definitely not country living! I suppose it is a good thing I will never be living there.

No comments:

Post a Comment