Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Clam Pasta


So tonight I decided to make my fave clam pasta. It was an idea I received from my friend Lauren and have morphed it into my own thing... I don't intend for this to be a food slash recipe blog but it happens that I tonight I am making my fab clam pasta for the monster and he still isn't home from work. So I'm starting my blog with this... I hope you can love it as much as I do, because it is delish!


Sauce

Olive oil or butter
White Onion minced
Garlic minced
Tomatoes Diced
Basil Chopped
Juice from 2 cans of clams
Salt and pepper to taste
Saute onion and garlic in olive oil or butter until aromatic. Add tomatoes and basil and saute until soft. Add clam juice. Simmer until saucey (about 30 ish minutes)

(All of these ingredients can be adjusted to your liking and I never measure anything.. I figure if it smells good whens its cooking, there is enough of everything. Also, You need to add enough of everything to feed to amount of mouths, or monsters, you have.)

Pasta, Linguine (its the best)
Cook al dente, according to package directions.

Add the chopped clams at the end of the sauce process. They just need to be heated thru and if you cook them too long they become chewier then they already are.

Drain Linguine and toss with sauce!

Serve with cheesy garlic bread and caesar salad! Yum yum Dindin! Enjoy!

Now, for the monster to arrive!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ellen. No don't fear morphing your blog into a bit of a recipe blog too. Especially when posting something as yummy sounding as this is. Come on, bring 'em on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks AC! I hope you make this and I hope you love it. It is still one of our staples and still one of our favorites!

    ReplyDelete